I managed to get my hands on some BB cream to try! I've been wanting to try out BB cream for a very long time now. I've heard so many great things about these products but was always nervous to try them out because it's suited for asian skin types and tones mostly.
Before I begin, I'd like to say that I have dry, fair and sensitive skin.
Because I know every review explains what BB cream is, I'll just be lazy and post a link for you here if you're interested.
Today I will be taking a look at Skin79's Super+ BB cream Triple Functions and Super+ BB cream in VIP Gold.
here. Some of the proceeds also go towards breast cancer! Free shipping and super cheap, so if you're interested in BB creams, but have no where to try them close by, then this is the perfect way to try it out! This brand is also very popular.
Sadly these BB creams only come in 1 shade. The idea is that it oxidizes to match your natural skin tone (However it still carries some of its own pigment even after oxidization.) THE COLOUR THAT COMES OUT AT FIRST WILL NOT BE THE COLOUR THAT YOU WEAR. This is why it's important to test it with a sample if you can.
I was a bit discouraged to see the colour on my hand, but after applying it on my face and letting it sit for a little bit I was happier with the tone. I still think the colour is too dark for my face though. (Especially if I'm wearing a tank top like today.. the contrast between my neck and face are too noticeable lmao) In artificial lighting it isn't so bad.. but I'm inclined to search for other BB creams that appear lighter on my skin.
I think half of the problem is that I have lots of freckles. (Years of not putting on sunscreen has made my skin tone look uneven.)
VIP Gold vs Triple Functions:
Now, I can't speak for their apparent long-term effects since I only have testers, but I can say that the VIP Gold made my skin feel SUPER soft for the rest of the day. In fact, my boyfriend noticed that my skin looked softer.
They both prevent/improve wrinkles, whiten (not like bleaching) the skin and have SPF 25 PA++.
The VIP Gold is meant for those with dry skin who need more moisture. It's made with gold and caviar included. It's meant to hydrate and improve elasticity in the skin.
The Triple Functions (hot pink container) is meant for those with oily to combination skin. The formula is definitely more dry than the VIP Gold. It's made with sunflower and ivy extracts.
Because I have dry skin, I wasn't really interested in the Triple Functions because it was meant for oily skin. However if you lean toward the oily side, then I would definitely recommend to at least get the testers. Tell me what you think!
- They feel lighter than a foundation and provide SPF for sun protection. (Among everything else they do)
- They provide medium coverage. (You might still need a concealer for trouble spots but they still even out your skin tone.)
- Packaging is super cute.
- The 50ml size has a pump. Hygienic.
- Shortens the amount of time to get ready for the day. (less steps)
- Easy to apply with (clean) fingertips.
- A little goes a long way! (Value + Quantity = Happy university student)
- Only one shade.
- Appears a little grey at first. You have to wait for it to set.
- You have to (should) try it out first before buying the full size. (Link above for website where I bought the samples)
- Hard to get locally if you're not overseas. (Or if you don't trust online shopping)
Until next time!