Tuesday 17 January 2012

EOS: evolution of smooth lip balm

I have been wanting to try the eos lip balms for forever now! I finally managed to get my hands on one. (ง´▽`)ง


Evolution of Smooth has been a popular brand for a while now, I remember first hearing it on Michelle Phan's YouTube. I think they're most famous for their lip balms, which feature an interesting shape for their product. It's a lot more interesting than the standard stick. They come in multiple colours and flavours!


Here's the eos website!




The flavour I got is called Summer Fruit. It's apparently 100% natural and 95% organic (so it DOESN'T have any nasty parabens and petrolatum free). Although this one doesn't have SPF, I know there are other flavours that do contain it.




The shape is very interesting because it's round! The texture of the case is a smooth rubber; it feels really nice on the fingers. (〃∇〃) The little indent you see above is where you put your thumb! It feels really comfortable in your hand and I'm not afraid of dropping it at all! 




As you can see, it's a twist-off cap. This is nice because you know it'll never come undone. It also makes a satisfying 'click' noise when it's properly closed. I have to say though, the colour of the actual product isn't as yellow in real life, and appears more of a banana colour (not the peel haha)!


The smell is absolutely heavenly, and tastes very nice too! •*¨*•.¸¸♪✧ I'd like to try the other flavours sometime!


It applies very smoothly and leaves your lips feeling refreshed and relieved of chapped lips! I'd say my lips stay smooth for most of the day, but sometimes during the winter I need to apply more than usual since the air is so dry..


Needless to say I'd recommend this to anyone! I know this'll be my go-to lip balm from now on. (*´艸`*)


Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I've seen these before! :D They look so interesting, as opposed to regular balms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lighting on your photos! This looks like a really cool product too; the design is neat :).

    I'm really careful about checking what ingredients are used in my lip balms, so the 100% natural label counts for a lot in my books. Awesome review Sami! I'm glad to know about this product :)

    ReplyDelete