Monday 25 February 2013

Con-G 2013 Report

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to be offered media passes to Con-G in Guelph, Ontario. I don't normally go to many smaller conventions because it does cost a lot of money for me to travel back and forth. It landed on my Reading Week (a university holiday) so the timing was good enough. In return for the free passes, I had to do some coverage with Ackson that included interviews with a few people as well as a couple fun skit type things! I also had a personal job that I needed to get done for CosplayFU.com, which I'll link to eventually. I like doing this kind of work!

Sachie and I didn't go Friday because a) I needed to finish Lyra and b) we weren't convinced of who would show up there since many of our friends bailed. Life calls sometimes, eh? So instead we played Hospice and basically just fooled around all night.

Saturday we got up early to dress as Hilda/Touko and Lyra/Kotone from Pokémon Black/White and Gold/Silver! I love playing Pokémon so much so it was only a matter of time. It was my first time making boot covers and a giant poofy hat! Sachie helped me make the little sefuku collar she's got going on. I still have a ways to go, but I'm learning. I was very proud! :'D



I'm always surprised when people come up to say hi to me! I never assume that many people actually follow what I write about on here or on my page. I only hear from the guys that follow mostly :'). Ladies, I love hearing from you! You made my day so much brighter! I hope I wasn't too awkward haha.


We filmed a lot that day with Ackson and I must have photographed every cosplayer that walked into the convention centre! So busy; I was BAGGED!

Sunday was very chill. I was in regular clothes and wearing a Raptor mask for a portion of the day. A couple cosplayers from No. 6 came up to me and asked if I could take a few shots for them! They were really cute and nice so of course I said yes (Though I'm not sure how the photos turned out lol).



 I left at around 2PM I think? I also filmed a bunch with my dad, who was working on a concept about conventions. If that goes through I'll share it with you guys! I think many of you made an appearance. :)

All in all it was a very small convention (a hallway!), but the people there were so friendly and well-behaved. It felt good being a cosplayer among many who went. I didn't take many photos of myself in costume just because the lighting wasn't the greatest. When spring hits I'll bring Lyra out again ;)

Did you go? How was your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment