Sunday 2 October 2011

Nuit Blanche

Hello everyone!
I finally have something worthwhile to blog about!!

So last night I went to Nuit Blanche, which is a very popular art festival in Toronto! I believe it starts at 6 and goes until the sun comes up. It was my first year going, so I didn't really know what to expect. I also heard that it originated in Paris, France which is kinda neat.

We arrived at around 6pm and I snapped a picture as we were walking to dinner.

Suddenly.... people!


It was rather crazy... I've never seen so many people in one place before... even at conventions lol!Photobucket There were many street performers. I believe I took this photo as a man was juggling chainsaws! So dangerous... but he turned out alright. How would you even practice that?!Photobucket




There were so many exhibits and pieces that I couldn't possibly have included them all Photobucket My camera also started running out of battery power so I'm afraid I had to pick and choose.. They were all quite wonderful though!
There was one in particular that blew me away. We rounded a corner and then we were suddenly blasted with all sorts of sounds. In a square were spotlights and strobe lights and a firework would randomly be set off... It was really weird, but especially cool!Photobucket I wish I grabbed a picture of it D:


 went for ice cream here ;w; The store was so cute!!


You'd go in here with an umbrella and come out completely soaked! My friends went in because they're crazy. (it was like... 5 degrees out?Photobucket)


These guys were playing live trance... they were so good ;w; I wanted to start dancing, but a lot of people were walking passed so I felt too shy to do it Photobucket. One of them was playing a violin, but the others transformed it to sound so awesome ;w; I wish I could've stayed longer to listen...Photobucket

The rest of the night was just as great, I'm glad I was able to finally get out of my room for a change lol. Toronto's pretty awesomePhotobucket.

Until next time!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. oh waw, look at the crowd>.<~~

    btw your blog is cute, love it <3

    ReplyDelete